Friday 26 April 2013

Blue

I was having a fight with a woman and then I could hear this dull thudding and vibrating within me, almost like an earthquake shaking the ground and the buildings, the thudding was becoming louder and closer. What is that?

I woke up, something was hitting the hull of the boat. It was 4:45am and still dark. I lay in bed wondering where it was coming from. I got up and the boat was still tied to the mooring, so what was it? Nothing had come adrift into us. I immediately thought that our inflatable dingy was hitting the boat as it was tied up to the rear. So I clambered up the companionway, out the cockpit and over the cold wet deck of the boat to the transom and couldn't see the dingy. I walked around to the port side and then to the starboard side. No dingy. This is a problem. I went downstairs and woke up Hugh "Our dingy is gone", "what?", "we don't have a dingy anymore, 'The Krissy' has gone", "what????"…

We both climbed out of the boat and looked around, I pulled out the big spotlight, no sign of the dingy. After much searching of the shore in the dark, we both went back to bed, hoping that the incoming tide would bring her back. Seems ANZAC day was too much for the dingy and our never fail outboard.

So there was no dingy. Not even Marine Rescue had heard of a captainless dingy afloat in the bay. We were blue. We had lost our trusty runabout, we had no transportation. 

Even though we are blue, we have set out on our first big leg. Port Stephens to Ballina, some 260nm, with an estimated travel time of 3 days. We feel blue, but we see amazing blue water, light blue sky and blue haze over the land. I can see the blue trim on our jib and I am wearing a blue shirt. 


Because they knew we were blue, the dolphins came for a swim with us today. They were jumping and diving all around, and they rode the bow wave with us for a while. Special!


26/4/2013
Categories: , ,

1 comment:

  1. NICE 2 talk 2 you today, hope Hugh got a good sleep. another beautiful blue day. So how does noe get ashore now?

    ReplyDelete